Job Type: Full–Time
Contact: Olivia Wells
Position Summary: The Accounts Payable Associate will review, reconcile, and enter Nemaha Sports Construction invoices in a timely fashion. The individual in this role requires a high attention to detail, a strong level of understanding General Ledger accounts, invoice reconciliation and sales tax.
Nemaha and its employees foster a high moral and ethical standard not only on the jobsite, but in everyday life. Those values help to promote the overall company vision.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees accounts payable by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
- Reconciles credit card receipts to statements and determines proper job costing
- Charges expenses to accounts and job cost codes by analyzing invoice/expense reports and job budgets
- Enter vendor accounts payable by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and determining proper job costing
- Ensures credit is received for invoice adjustments
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Maintains historical records by electronic document imaging and filing documents
- Enters and verifies budgeted job estimated costs
- Monitors sales taxes by determining requirements on job related invoices
- Request, obtain, and record proper 1099 reporting documentation for venders
- Protects Nemaha Sports Construction’s value by keeping information confidential
- Maintain asset files with important documents
- Establish more efficiency in the Accounts Payable processes and procedures as needed
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail while also being thorough and accurate.
- Ability to communicate information and build co-worker and vendor relationships.
- Familiar with data entry and general accounting principles.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Associate degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus.
- Previous accounts payable experience preferred.
- Proficient with computers and use of excel spreadsheets.
This position must be able to sit for long periods of time, operate a computer, office equipment, and may occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.