Salary: From $18/hr
Job Type: Seasonal/Temporary
Number of hires for this role: 4
All employees are e-verified.
Contact: Olivia Wells
Motivated Construction Laborer. Performs tasks involving physical labor at Sports Construction Sites. The laborer will perform a variety of tasks throughout commercial construction sites.
This Job is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED.
- A “Fair Chance” job.
- A good opportunity for someone entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and the willingness to work.
- Nemaha Sports Construction is an equal opportunity employer.
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. The list of tasks is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
- Physical demands require constantly moving, walking, kneeling, crouching or crawling. Frequently ascends/descends a ladder or steps to perform work. May operate many types of machinery, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, and position materials. Frequently required to stand and walk, push, pull, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds – or over 100 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities require close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and/or focus.
- Constantly required to communicate with other team members and leaders.
- Job will require constantly working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and exposure to elements. This can include moderate noise, extreme proximity to moving equipment or machinery, proximity to electrical energy, exposure to tools and machines used in construction.
- Perform tasks involving manual labor at construction sites, which may include, but is not exclusive of: raking, wheel barrowing, shoveling, jackhammering, sledge-hammer work, digging and shoveling of rock/dirt/mud, installation of drainage pipe, installation of ground fabric and other geo-textile materials, silt fence installation/removal, building frames for concrete, pouring and finishing concrete, installing modular retaining wall systems, installation of pavers, operating a mechanical compactor, laying and placing sod, erection and/or assembly of materials delivered to the jobsite or in the shop, as directed, etc.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools and may operate heavy construction equipment based on skill level.
- Ensures the safe loading/unloading, hoisting and transportation of heavy equipment, tools and materials.
- Maintain a clean job site. Pick up all tools and equipment and secure the job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards. Take ownership over a clean, organized, and safe job site on a daily basis.
- Be an active hands-on member of the job-site construction team on a daily basis. Maintain valid driver’s license.
- Follow proper safety procedures and bring problems to the attention of the Project Superintendent or Crew Leader.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- In compliance with Federal law, all persons, upon hire, will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required verification form.
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable Motor Vehicle Record if they are to operate a company owned vehicle.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Ability to understand, communicate and follow written and oral instructions.
- Pre-employment drug screen.
- Background check.
- Attention to detail with craftsmanship.
- Desire to learn and improve.
Job Type: Temporary
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
Schedule: 8 hour shift, Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location